Bruxism, or teeth grinding, is the unconscious grinding of teeth that occurs while awake or asleep. Grinding teeth for a long time invites various dental and jaw problems, especially physical pain. One of the primary methods applied in the treatment of this problem is chin botox.
What is Dental Botox?
As a result of untreated chronic teeth grinding, disorders such as migraine, earache, facial pain and headache may occur. In addition, problems such as increased tooth sensitivity, tooth enamel loss and tooth flattening may occur. Generally, bruxism patients who clenched their teeth at night have a squared jaw appearance.
This situation, which is caused by excessive contraction of the masseter muscle, which is one of the chewing muscles, causes the patient to experience both physical pain and discomfort aesthetically.
Masseter botox, known as bruxism botox treatment, provides softening of the contracted chewing muscles. The aim of the treatment is to return the face to its normal state and to eliminate the problems such as head, jaw and ear pain in the patient. This method, which stops excessive muscle activity and relaxes the muscles, ensures that involuntary squeaking is stopped.
How is Masseter Botox Applied?
Masseter botox is applied by injecting small doses of botulinum toxin directly into the masseter muscle, which allows the jaw to move. After the injection, the muscle in the area is weakened and tooth grinding is terminated with jaw contraction. The most basic benefits of Masseter botox are:
- This process allows the muscle to relax significantly and helps to reduce the wear and tear of the teeth due to grinding.
- It eliminates the problem of teeth grinding and jaw clenching.
- It reduces joint damage and headaches.
- It thins the chin structure and eliminates the square appearance.
- The overgrown chin muscle reduces the size, thus making the chin thin and prominent.
- This application, which is quite safe, does not carry any risk as it does not require surgical operation.
Masseter botox is a very safe and successful treatment method. None of the voluntary movements such as chewing and facial expression are affected by this process, all chewing movements are continued normally after the treatment. There is also the advantage of returning to business life in a short time after the botox procedure, which takes about 10 minutes.