Fear of the dentist is a very common problem in society. It is not possible to eliminate the existing oral and dental problems in individuals with excessive dental fear, as a result, new aesthetic and functional problems arise due to permanent tooth loss.
In order to treat these problems, which seriously reduce the quality of life, the person must first overcome their fear. The hypnosis method, which is applied especially to patients who have a fear of dentists recently, allows patients to be treated without the need for anesthesia or sedation.
What is Dental Treatment with Hypnosis?
The method of hypnosis helps to treat teeth carefree, painlessly, without pain. This method, which can be applied by dentists with appropriate training, ensures that the necessary dental treatment is carried out in a timely manner in overly anxious patients. During the treatment applied in half-sleep state, the patient is conditioned to go into physical and mental sleep mode.
Hypnosis therapy, which is newly used in Turkey, is an alternative method without side effects. Its features are as follows:
- At the beginning of hypnosis, a vocal preparation process is entered to eliminate the dental fear of the patient and the patient is relieved.
- The patient's fear is learned in more detail.
- The transition to the phase of complete relaxation is made and interventions to solve the phobia are applied.
- In order to relieve fear and anxiety, the patient is allowed to enter the trance phase.
- Shortly after, conditioning is initiated by hypnosis.
- In the meantime, relaxing and beautiful music is given, so that the patient can undergo surgical intervention.
- At the end of the necessary application, the patient is awakened from the effect of hypnosis and can return to his daily life.
Are There Any Side Effects of Hypnosis Treatment?
The hypnosis treatment, which is preferred especially in anxious patients in the last period, focuses on the relaxation of the people and in this way provides the relevant treatment. Generally, hypnosis is used as an alternative method in dental treatments and surgical interventions that require keeping the mouth open for a long time.
The fact that the patient is completely relaxed during the procedure reduces the risk of complications in the intervention and provides a painless treatment.
The fact that there is no need for injection for numbing helps patients to start treatment more easily. This method provides successful results in patients with heart and blood pressure who cannot receive anesthesia and in individuals with dental phobia. For this reason, it is preferred as a very effective and satisfactory treatment method, no side effects are observed during the procedure.