Unhealthy eating habits, not giving enough importance to oral hygiene and genetic factors are among the factors that affect dental health. Especially in the absence of regular cleaning habits, many problems such as decay, yellowing and crooked teeth may occur.
All of these situations, which cause aesthetically displeasing images, can be eliminated with porcelain tooth applications, which is an effective treatment method. Personalized dental veneers provide great success in protecting dental health and improving aesthetic appearance.
What is Porcelain Dental Veneer?
dental veneer; These are the applications that are placed in the front of the teeth and provide the removal of yellowing, damage and deterioration in the color of the teeth. These applications are usually performed with different materials called porcelain and composite, and can be placed on single or multiple teeth, depending on preference.
What Does Porcelain Tooth Veneer Do?
Porcelain veneer is a type of veneer in which porcelain material is used in its production, and it is both more durable and more natural looking than composite veneers. Porcelain veneers, which are preferred especially because of the high comfort they offer in terms of aesthetics, are the materials that best imitate the natural tooth.
Thanks to its bio-compatible feature, intraoral compatibility is also very high. Porcelain veneers, which do not contain toxic substances since they do not contain metal, are very successful in equalizing the shape, size and color of the teeth.
The situations in which this application is preferred are as follows:
- Mild or moderate tooth collisions
- Intraoral tooth deficiencies
- Dental caries that cannot be treated with normal filling applications
- Prominent tooth fractures
- Broken, deformed, yellowed tooth deformations
Individuals experiencing the above problems may decide to have a porcelain veneer with the recommendation of a dentist. However, porcelain veneer is not recommended for people who have inflammation of their teeth or need root canal treatment.
How is Porcelain Dental Veneer Made?
The stages of making porcelain veneer are as follows:
- First, the teeth to be coated are cleaned with the help of a special tool.
- SAfterwards, a thinning process is applied to ensure that the coating fits properly on the tooth. During this process, existing teeth are filed in accordance with the veneer.
- The teeth are molded and a full model of the mouth is made using 3D imaging techniques.
- A personalized coating model is determined by using a combination of mold making and imaging techniques. Making these coatings is carried out in a laboratory environment and takes an average of 2 weeks.
- Temporary veneer is applied to people whose teeth are cleaned and thinned, which they will use until the main veneers are prepared.
- With the completion of the porcelain veneer, a second session is held and the temporary veneers are replaced with the actual veneers.
- As a final process, the coatings are corrected and polished.
Dental Care After Porcelain Veneers
Since the coating process is performed under anesthesia, it does not cause any problems for the patient. After the completed coating application, hardness may be felt at certain points in the mouth, but this feeling will pass within a few days. Shortly after the procedure, the patient can return to normal eating habits, but during this period, it is necessary not to consume hard foods, not to chew foods hard, not to clenched or grind teeth, and not to make difficult movements that damage the teeth. Avoiding such movements helps newly placed porcelain veneers to achieve a high level of intraoral comfort in a short time and ensures that they are not damaged, especially in the first stage when they are sensitive. After the coating strength is achieved, normal feeding and chewing activities can be applied in the same way.